We oppose the use of political assassination as a means to obtain or maintain power and are committed to support those who determine the truth, seek justice and educate people on the dangers assassination poses to our society.
“When powerful organized interests conspire to remove those leaders who
threaten them then the very core of democracy is compromised.” – Philip H. Melanson, Ph.D.
Political assassination is the most serious threat to democratic government and it occurs some where every day, usually as a convenient means of maintaining and controlling power. That’s why it is important to support those who focus on and study political assassinations as a tactic that must be opposed.
We want to live in a country where murders will not go unpunished and where the democratic processes cannot be frustrated by individuals, agencies or organizations who oppose the popular will and violate the Constitution.
Five decades of independent research has demonstrated that the American system is unable to effectively address crimes which have the potential of exposing groups and motives with radical and socially explosive motives. There is strong evidence that lead key decision makers compromised investigations and manipulated official conclusions at both the state and national level. Examples of such compromised legal inquiries include the assassinations of John and Robert Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Medgar Evers as well as domestic terror attacks such as the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11.
The result of those compromised investigations has been an ongoing decline in confidence in both the American legal process and the credibility of the institutions involved. Until the nation moves to deal honestly with such crimes and their implications that loss of faith will continue to undermine the nation’s faith in its own character.
Fifty years have passed since the Warren Commission declared that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin in the murder of President John F. Kennedy. During those decades, independent researchers, authors, and medical and ballistic experts continued to expose the hard evidence that proves the official government conclusion is invalid. We now know that:
- The official investigations were flawed and important leads never properly pursued.
- Significant unanswered questions remain in other political assassinations, such as those of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King.
- Most people believe with good reason that one man alone could not be responsible for these crimes.
- The truth remains hidden as long as the government records on these assassinations remain sealed from the public.
Some people may feel that there is no purpose in working to solve murders that date back fifty years, but we know there is no time limit on the truth and no statute of limitations in a murder case. Until we face the truth about the assassinations of our political leaders we cannot hope to move toward a viable democracy in this country, nor prevent such assassinations from happening in the future. No other event has changed the shape of the future in the same way as the assassination of President Kennedy and we can wait no longer for a solution. We must act now.
The mission of the Citizens Against Political Assassinations (CAPA) is to establish the truth about assassinations and major crimes of political significance.
In order to achieve that goal, CAPA will:
- Pursue the release of withheld records with both the National Archives and Congress, identify and obtain the release of missing, lost, allegedly destroyed and currently withheld and unavailable records and make them as widely available as possible.
- Work closely with the NARA and urge Congress to fulfill their oversight mandate by holding public hearings and ensuring the full disclosure of the remaining sealed records.
- Initiate a similar process to release the records in other assassinations, especially the HSCA MLK files that remain sealed and were not covered by the JFK Act.
- Analyze the new records and educate the American people about who commits political assassinations, who covered up the conspiracies and why.
- Establish investigative teams to thoroughly review and critique the evidence now available and identify any potential political conspiracies associated with the crimes.
- Engage in a public/media effort to correct the impression that the previous inquiries and official verdicts are necessarily correct and can be taken to represent the historical truth of the crimes.
- Correct the media spin that says there is nothing new in these records.
- Answer the outstanding questions that can be answered.
- Find the historic truth
- Seek justice.
The ultimate goal of this work will be an effort to seek both truth and justice in regard to any crime which can be shown to have been an act of political assassination.
There are hundreds of non-profit organizations and think tanks that study war and peace and promote democracy but only a few that focus on political assassinations as the biggest threat to the legitimacy of the government.
Recent polls show that 85% of the American people agree with us about the evidence of conspiracy in this case and the need to release all of the remaining withheld records. They know they have never been told the full story by the official investigations. We need your help to reach them and to let them know that something can and must be done. Help us reveal the truth and tell the American public that there is something new in these files and something can be done about it.
Now there is an organization that supports the latest research, uses grassroots outreach and social media, is lobbying Congress for oversight hearings, using the courts to free secret files and is forcing the rule of law in political assassinations.
This is your organization. Working together we can make a difference now.
Click here to see, on a complimentary basis, the first issue of CAPA’s member-only newsletter, dated September 2016. (Downloading may take time, depending on your system.)